The Pivotal Greenplum Data Copy Utility is compatible with these Greenplum Database versions:
- Pivotal Greenplum Database 4.3.26 and later
- Pivotal Greenplum Database 5.9 and later
- Pivotal Greenplum Database 6.x
gpcopy version 2.3 is a minor release that adds features and resolves several issues.
- The --timeout option specifies the maximum time in seconds to wait until both source and destination systems are ready for data transfer. The default is 30 seconds. A value of 0 disables the timeout.
- For a copy operation, gpcopy includes a list of tables and views that were successfully copied to the destination system in the text file gpcopy_date_success.list in ~/gpAdminLogs directory on the master host.
- If gpcopy fails to copy tables or views, the utility creates a text file gpcopy_date_failure.list that lists the failed tables or views in the ~/gpAdminLogs directory on the master host. After resolving issues that caused the failures, you can run gpcopy with the --include-table-file option to copy the tables or views that were not copied.
-  In some cases, copying an append-optimized partitioned table in parallel with the gpcopy options --truncate and --parallelize-leaf-partitions=true failed with the error message deadlock detected.
- [30720, 30703] If the gpcopy destination cluster was busy processing requests, the default gpcopy network timeout of 5 seconds could result in panics caused by the utility using closed network connections. This issue is resolved by changing the default timeout to 30 seconds and adding the --timeout option that allows changing the connection timeout. See Features.
-  Resolved a typographical error in the gpcopy log files where "transaction" was misspelled as "trasaction" in several messages.
-  Resolved a problem where gpcopy could create numerous, large log files in the /tmp directory and cause the copy operation to fail with a no space left on device error.
-  When copying a sequence, gpcopy did not correctly copy the sequence owner and privileges.
Known Issues and Limitations
- The sql: JSON key, used with the --include-table-json option, is compatible only with Greenplum Database version 5.20 and later.