VMware Tanzu Greenplum Connector for Apache NiFi 1.0 Release Notes
Release Date: December 16, 2020
This is the first release of the VMware Tanzu Greenplum Connector for Apache NiFi. You use the Connector in an Apache NiFi dataflow to load record-oriented data from any source into VMware Tanzu Greenplum. The Connector uses the VMware Tanzu Greenplum Streaming Server to load the data in parallel.
The following table identifies the supported component versions for the VMware Tanzu Greenplum Connector for Apache NiFi version 1.0.0:
|Connector Version||Apache NiFi Version||Greenplum Version||Greenplum Streaming Server Version|
|1.0.0||1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x||6.x||1.4.1+|
Component documentation references:
The VMware Tanzu Greenplum Connector for Apache NiFi 1.0.0 release supports inserting, merging, and updating record-oriented data in Greenplum Database. You can set up an Apache NiFi dataflow that sends Avro, CSV, Parquet, JSON, or XML data to the Connector
PutGreenplumRecord processor to write to a Greenplum table.
The VMware Tanzu Greenplum Connector for Apache NiFi 1.0.0 has these known issues and limitations:
- If you run the Connector against Greenplum Streaming Server version 1.4.x or older, you must specify
"ReuseTables": falsein the
gpss.jsonserver configuration file that you use to start the Greenplum Streaming Server.
- The Connector does not support SSL-encrypted connections to the Greenplum Streaming Server.
- A dataflow that you create that routes Avro data from the
QueryDatabaseTableRecordprocessor to the
PutGreenplumRecordprocessor must set the
Use Avro Logical Typesproperty to
trueto send date and time data in the format supported by the Connector.
- Apache NiFi bug NIFI-7817 causes the built-in
ParquetReaderprocessor to fail when you use it with Apache NiFi version 1.12.
- Decimal types may lose precision when you use the Connector with Apache NiFi versions 1.10 and 1.11.