Running the Windows Tools Installer
This section describes the client and loader tool package installation procedure for Windows systems.
You must have operating system superuser privileges to install the tools package.
Perform the following procedure to install the client and loader tools package on a Windows system.
- The Greenplum Database client and loader tools for Windows require a recent Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. You must download and install an update as described in the Microsoft support article titled The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.
- If you plan to use the
gpload.batGreenplum Database loader program for Windows:
- Ensure that a 64-bit version of Python 2.7 is installed on your system. Refer to Python 2.7.16 or the source of your choice for Python download and install instructions.
- You must also add the Python directory to your
- Locate the installer
.msifile that you downloaded from VMware Tanzu Network in a previous step. The naming format of the Windows installer file is
- Double-click on the
greenplum-db-clients-<version>-x86_64.msifile to launch the installer.
- Click Next on the Greenplum Clients Setup Wizard Welcome screen.
- Read through the End-User License Agreement, and click I Agree to accept the terms of the license.
By default, the Greenplum Database client and load tools are installed into the following directory:
Click Browse on the Custom Setup screen to choose another location.
Click Next when you have chosen the desired install path.
Click Install to begin the installation.
Click Finish to exit the Windows client and load tools installer.