Removes a procedural language.
DROP [PROCEDURAL] LANGUAGE [IF EXISTS] name [CASCADE | RESTRICT]
DROP LANGUAGE will remove the definition of the previously registered procedural language. You must be a superuser or owner of the language to drop a language.
- Optional keyword - has no effect.
- IF EXISTS
- Do not throw an error if the language does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of an existing procedural language. For backward compatibility, the name may be enclosed by single quotes.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the language (such as functions written in that language).
- Refuse to drop the language if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
Remove the procedural language plsample:
DROP LANGUAGE plsample;
There is no DROP LANGUAGE statement in the SQL standard.