A newer version of this documentation is available. Use the version menu above to view the most up-to-date release of the Greenplum 4.x documentation.
Plugin command to initialize a storage plugin for the restore operation.
plugin_executable setup_plugin_for_restore plugin_config_file local_backup_dir scope
gprestore invokes the setup_plugin_for_restore plugin command during gprestore initialization phase. The scope argument specifies the execution scope. gprestore will invoke the command with each of the scope values.
The setup_plugin_for_restore command should perform the activities necessary to initialize the remote storage system before a restore operation begins. Set up activities may include creating remote directories, validating connectivity to the remote storage system, etc.
- The absolute path to the plugin configuration YAML file.
- The local directory on the Greenplum Database host (master and segments) from which gprestore reads backup files. gprestore creates this local directory.
- The execution scope (host and number of times the plugin is executed) for the plugin.
- master - Execute the plugin once on the master host.
- segment_host - Execute the plugin once on each of the segment hosts.
- segment - Execute the plugin once for each active segment instance on the host running the segment instance.
- The Greenplum Database hosts and segment instances are based on the Greenplum Database configuration when the back up was first initiated.
The setup_plugin_for_restore command must exit with a value of 0 on success, non-zero if an error occurs. In the case of a non-zero exit code, gprestore displays the contents of stderr to the user.