A newer version of this documentation is available. Use the version menu above to view the most up-to-date release of the Greenplum 4.x documentation.
Plugin command to initialize a storage plugin for the backup operation.
plugin_executable setup_plugin_for_backup plugin_config_file local_backup_dir scope
gpbackup invokes the setup_plugin_for_backup plugin command during gpbackup initialization phase. The scope argument specifies the execution scope. gpbackup will invoke the command with each of the scope values.
The setup_plugin_for_backup command should perform the activities necessary to initialize the remote storage system before backup begins. Set up activities may include creating remote directories, validating connectivity to the remote storage system, checking disks, and so forth.
- The absolute path to the plugin configuration YAML file.
- The local directory on the Greenplum Database host (master and segments) to which gpbackup will write backup files. gpbackup creates this local directory.
- The execution scope (host and number of times the plugin is executed) for the plugin.
- master - Execute the plugin once on the master host.
- segment_host - Execute the plugin once on each of the segment hosts.
- segment - Execute the plugin once for each active segment instance on the host running the segment instance.
- The Greenplum Database hosts and segment instances are based on the Greenplum Database configuration when the back up was first initiated.
The setup_plugin_for_backup command must exit with a value of 0 on success, non-zero if an error occurs. In the case of a non-zero exit code, gpbackup displays the contents of stderr to the user.