A newer version of this documentation is available. Click here to view the most up-to-date release of the Greenplum 5.x documentation.
gpsscli configuration file.
DATABASE: db_name USER: user_name PASSWORD: password HOST: master_host PORT: greenplum_port VERSION: version_number DATASOURCE DATASOURCE_specific_parameters
You specify the configuration parameters for a Greenplum Stream Server (GPSS) job in a YAML-formatted configuration file that you provide to the gpsscli submit command. There are two types of configuration parameters in this file - Greenplum Database connection parameters, and parameters specific to the data source from which you will load data into Greenplum.
This reference page uses the name gpsscli.yaml to refer to this file; you may choose your own name for the file.
The gpsscli utility processes the YAML configuration file in order, using indentation (spaces) to determine the document hierarchy and the relationships between the sections. The use of white space in the file is significant, and keywords are case-sensitive.
Keywords and Values
- DATABASE: db_name
- The name of the Greenplum database.
- USER: user_name
- The name of the Greenplum Database user/role. This user_name must have permissions as described in Configuring Greenplum Database Role Privileges.
- PASSWORD: password
- The password for the Greenplum Database user/role.
- HOST: master_host
- The host name or IP address of the Greenplum Database master host.
- PORT: greenplum_port
- The port number of the Greenplum Database server on the master host.
- VERSION: version_number
- The version of the gpsscli configuration file. GPSS supports versions 1 and 2.
- The data source. GPSS currently supports only the KAFKA data
source; see gpkafka-v2.yaml in the Greenplum-Kafka Integration
documentation for the Kafka configuration file format and parameters.
- Parameters specific to the datasource.
Submit a job to load data into Greenplum Database as defined in the load configuration file named loadit.yaml:
$ gpsscli submit loadit.yaml
Example Greenplum Database configuration parameters in loadit.yaml:
DATABASE: ops USER: gpadmin PASSWORD: changeme HOST: mdw-1 PORT: 15432 DATASOURCE_block ...