LATEST VERSION: 5.0.0 - CHANGELOG
Removes a rewrite rule.
DROP RULE [IF EXISTS] name ON relation [CASCADE | RESTRICT]
DROP RULE drops a rewrite rule from a table or view.
- IF EXISTS
- Do not throw an error if the rule does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of the rule to remove.
- The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table or view that the rule applies to.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the rule.
- Refuse to drop the rule if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
Remove the rewrite rule sales_2006 on the table sales:
DROP RULE sales_2006 ON sales;
There is no DROP RULE statement in the SQL standard.